Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Flowers

They are up! I was worried they wouldn't make it this year as they started coming up almost a month ago & then we got another snow. They looked like they would die but they didn't! I have bright yellow tall daffodils in the front with a few small hyacinth in pink & purple. On the side of the house I have a nice row of hyacinth in several colors. Deep purple, magenta, a few white, pink. I love hyacinth they smell so good when the wind blows. I only wish they lasted longer!
My flower beds are far from beautiful. There is still a lot of work to be done before I consider them done. That is the one thing I miss from my old house is all my finished beautiful flower beds. Each year though I get a little farther on them.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure the yellow of the daffodils & the pink & purple of the hyacinth look beautiful together:) I used to have hyacinth in pots in the house in the UK. The smell was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete