Sunday, April 25, 2010

My new gazelle

Yesterday Travis and I picked up my new (used) gazelle. We found it on craig's list for $25. I decided that was worth the risk I wouldn't like it. It's the first exercise machine I've ever bought. Today I worked out on it for 20 min. Now I wasn't dying when I got done but it did give me a lighter workout. I was challenged, my heart rate was up & my breathing was heavier. I have the 2nd version the Gazelle freestyle. This one allows you to lean forward or lean back and keep going, doing either of those is definitely harder and works the front of your abs more. It's quiet with just a slight squeak but I was able to hear the tv easily over it. It's easy on the joints and doesn't take a lot of coordination so it's easy to get into a mindless motion. I like that you can adjust your stride from a short one to a longer one. I am stuck doing the gazelle only when Bryan is sleeping or when someone is available to watch him because he could get really hurt if he walked too close in front or behind of it by me kicking him. It folds up if 3 steps and stands flat against the wall except for the handles sticking out. It is a bit heavy to move around folded up or unfolded. It's small enough that I'm able to use it in my bedroom which is good my space in this house is limited. I'm glad that I am not any larger than I am though or I don't think I would be able to do it. As it is right now my thighs touch it when I'm working out, nothing uncomfortable but much wider and it would be. Hopefully though after a few weeks I'll notice that I'm not touching it anymore! lol So far I like it. I plan to add it to my work outs not replace them though. I am thinking I will do it during Bryan's nap as my mid-day workout, then occasionally at night when I know I'll be watching tv for a long time.

1 comment: